The Okanagan campus’ Community Engagement Office is focused on putting more UBC in external communities and more external communities into UBC.
Below are the key support channels and action areas that guide the work of the Okanagan campus’ Community Engagement Office.
Key Support Channels:
- Internal UBC community – students, faculty and staff
- External communities – communities of the Okanagan region and the world
Key Action Areas:
- Being a point of contact for the community
- Making meaningful connections with the external community, through signature events, collaborative work, and communications
- Providing support and resources to the campus and external community
- Capturing and measuring UBC’s efforts to engage the external community
For the internal UBC community, the Community Engagement Office provides support to plan and execute strong, tier-one UBC public events; and for the external community, connections to UBC are supported by coordinating group campus tours, sourcing UBC expert speakers, and exploring partnership opportunities.
For additional information, contact:
Director, University Relations
Community Engagement Strategist