COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT IS ABOUT THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIPS
When people come together it is possible to create positive, significant and lasting differences in communities. Building respectful, reciprocal relationships between communities and UBC is central to the university’s vision of “inspiring people, ideas and actions for a better world” and foundational to excellent teaching, learning and research.
The Community Engagement office at UBC supports university and community partners to work together, bringing the full force of our combined experiences, expertise and knowledge to advance a more just and sustainable society.
Funding & Opportunities
- Apply for the 2023 Partnership Recognition and Exploration FundGet up to $1,500 to fill small resource gaps and empower community partners to build reciprocal relationships with UBC students, faculty, and staff.
- The UBC Connects at Robson Square ProgramBring your event to life at UBC Robson Square. Get up to $5,000 for community-focused programming. Open to community partners and UBC students, faculty and staff.
News & Stories
- Three takeaways from our April CEN session: Exploring tensions and opportunities of community-university engagement work within colonial systems The Community Engagement Network recently held its first in-person gathering in over three years, bringing together members from both Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
- 31 community partners receive funding from UBC’s 2022-23 Community-University Engagement Support FundUBC awards over $745,000 to support community-university partnerships that benefit communities and advance collaborative research, teaching and learning throughout British Columbia.
- Preserving and sharing syilx digital heritage: Westbank First Nation and UBCO collaborate on interactive web mapThe Westbank First Nation Archaeology Office have teamed up with Dr. Neha Gupta (UBCO) to develop a unique digital archaeology project that celebrates syilx heritage and strengthens Indigenous data governance.
Explore news & stories related to community-university engagement >>
- UBC’s 2023 Partnering in Research ConferenceJune 15, 2023 | Join us as we explore the ethical, cultural and political challenges of partnered research and develop strategies for driving real change.
- FACTS Public Panel: Tackling Climate Change and the Just Transition to Renewable EnergyJuly 27, 2023 | Engage in meaningful conversations surrounding climate change and renewable energy, featuring Canadian and French leaders representing climate science, renewable energy, economics, public policy, and Indigenous affairs.
- STEAMing Ahead: A Science Community DayJune 17, 2023 | Bring friends and family along for a day full of science activities, including hands-on experiments, and witness amazing scientific demonstrations from world-class researchers and innovators
Join our mailing list
Be the first to know about funding, events, news, and other community-university engagement opportunities.