COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT IS ABOUT THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIPS
When people come together it is possible to create positive, significant and lasting differences in communities. Building respectful, reciprocal relationships between communities and UBC is central to the university’s vision of “inspiring people, ideas and actions for a better world” and foundational to excellent teaching, learning and research.
The Community Engagement office at UBC supports university and community partners to work together, bringing the full force of our combined experiences, expertise and knowledge to advance a more just and sustainable society.
Latest News & Events
- Job postings: CUES Program Manager & Engagement StrategistJoin our team! We are hiring two part-time positions. The deadlines to apply are June 15 (Manager) and June 20 (Strategist), 2022.
- All Our Father’s Relations: Film Screening and Dialogue on Settler Colonialism, Identity, and MigrationOn June 14, join the Ismaili Centre and UBC for a free screening of All Our Father’s Relations, followed by a talkback with Elder Larry Grant, film director Alejandro Yoshizawa, and co-producer Sarah Ling.
- Findings from the IBPOC Student Engagement Consultation ProjectOn May 30, 2022, learn how UBC staff can advance equity while engaging with IBPOC communities.
- How Universities are Supporting the Not-For-Profit SectorLearn about the different resources universities can offer community partners and how to access them.
- Students partner with Punjabi Market Collective to showcase revitalization effortsLearn how UBC students are taking their learning beyond the classroom and supporting community partners.
- Partner Funding Illustrates Scope and Diversity of UBC-Community EngagementCommunity-led collaboration between Heiltsuk Nation, UBC’s Faculty of Forestry and School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (SALA), Builders Without Borders and FP Innovations builds sustainable, healthy, culturally appropriate housing.