Get up to $1,500 for community-university collaboration and relationship building.
Every day, people on and off-campus work together on joint initiatives that benefit both the community and UBC. Whether it’s engaged research, experiential learning, planning and policy development, educational programming, dialogue projects, workshops and beyond — our impact grows when we work together.
The Community Engagement Partnership Recognition and Exploration (PRE) Fund awards up to $1,500 to fill small resource gaps and empower community partners to build reciprocal relationships with UBC students, faculty, and staff.
Awarding up to $75,000 annually, the fund supports applicants looking to develop new or existing community-university relationships and especially welcomes collaborative initiatives that advance:
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Indigenous engagement and reconciliation
- Health innovation and community wellbeing
- Sustainability and climate action
- Teaching, learning, and research excellence
Applications are currently closed
The Partnership Recognition and Exploration Fund will reopen in May 2024.
The PRE Fund in action
Similar to our larger CUES Fund, PRE funding is provided directly to community partners — allowing communities to decide where funding will be most impactful instead of the university. Since 2017, the fund has awarded more than $450,000 to 289 community-university partnerships, with approximately 50% of funding going to IBPOC-led community organizations.
- Stswecem’c Xget’tem First Nation and UBC Forestry Students Collaborate to Shape the Future of Fire Stewardship
- A Sustainable Approach to Collecting Unwanted Items during Student Residence Move-Out
- Museum of Vancouver and UBC Hosted “Making Space” Panel to Discuss the Complex Meanings of Asian Heritage Month and Asian Canadian Representation
Join our mailing list
Be the first to know about funding, events, news, and other community-university engagement opportunities.