COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT IS ABOUT THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIPS
When people come together it is possible to create positive, significant and lasting differences in communities. Building respectful, reciprocal relationships between communities and UBC is central to the university’s vision of “inspiring people, ideas and actions for a better world” and foundational to excellent teaching, learning and research.
The Community Engagement office at UBC supports university and community partners to work together, bringing the full force of our combined experiences, expertise and knowledge to advance a more just and sustainable society.
Funding & Opportunities
- Apply for the Community-University Engagement Support FundGet up to $25,000 to support community-university partnerships that benefit communities across British Columbia and advance collaborative research, teaching, and learning.
- Apply for the UBC Connects at Robson Square programBring your event to life at UBC Robson Square. Get up to $5,000 for community-focused programming. Open to community partners and UBC students, faculty and staff.
- Apply for the 2022 Partnership Recognition and Exploration FundThe PRE Fund fills small resource gaps and empowers community partners to build reciprocal relationships with UBC students, faculty, and staff. Apply for up to $1,500.
News & Stories
- UBC signs Statement of Cooperation with the Ismaili Council for BCSigned on September 28, 2022, this Statement of Cooperation sets the foundation for continuous institutional cooperation in the areas of community engagement and knowledge exchange.
- Public Engagement at Robson Square: UBC and the Ismaili Centre, Vancouver host public dialogue on settler colonialism, identity, and migrationWe spoke to the students, faculty, staff, and community partners that worked together to create this community-university event.
- How Universities are Supporting the Not-For-Profit SectorLearn about the different resources universities can offer community partners and how to access them.
- UBC Indigenous Financial Guidelines: Info Session & DiscussionDecember 6, 2022 │Join us for an info session on the UBC Indigenous Financial Guidelines.
Join our mailing list
Be the first to know about funding, events, news, and other community-university engagement opportunities.